Monday, November 14, 2011

the best medicine.

what's better than laughing? the kind that you cant breathe or tears fall from your eyes. the kind that comes from deep inside you and takes over your entire body. the kind that makes you forget about everything else going on. 

laughter is so interesting.  our bodies do it naturally. we recognize something is funny and our bodies and minds react so quick and out comes this sound that you cant do on purpose. you cant REALLY, honestly, laugh on purpose. of course you can fake laugh- but a true heart felt laugh, its just cant be done.

i love that everyone can laugh, but every ones laugh is different.  every ones sounds unique to them. i remember the very first night that i met Zach- i noticed his laugh over everything else. it was so unique to him and his eyes would water, without fail. he is one of those people that you like to have around if you think you are funny- because he will laugh at all your jokes. yes, in high school he got in trouble a lot because he was the kid that was laughing in the middle of class and couldn't stop. i remember hearing him laugh and thinking how much i liked his laugh. it was genuine and when i heard it, i would laugh too.

who ever said that laughter is the best medicine is genius. it was no mistake that we are made to laugh. it is something we do so much and its so common that i tend to forget just how simply wonderful it is :)


2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

I love this. Laughing is my favorite. Who needs sit ups when you can just tell some jokes, eh?

suzi said...

You are darling. I totally agree with the laughing... VERY necessary! I loved reading your list of unwritten rules, I couldn't agree with them more! In fact, just enjoying my coke and dunford donut as I am writing this! I loved coming across your blog from A's, it's been a while since I've checked in, but just as therapeutic to read as I remember! Keep the great posts coming!