Friday, January 29, 2010

Quick to judge

I think it's safe to say that everyone judges. Ita easy to say, oh I don't judge. Mmm easier said than done. As much as we like to believe we are perfect- we all slip up and we are all human. I'll be the first to admit that I am at fault and this week I defineately had it served back to me on a plate called reality. As you know, I love Teen Mom. The show follows four girls around who got pregnant during highschool. Each girl had a completely different story and way of life. For now I'm just going to tell you about Farrah. She is your typical spolied brat. Litterely. She lives with her wealthy parents and always leaves her baby Sophia at home with her parents while she goes out with friends or on dates. She talks back to her mom and dad and is totally irresponsible and disrespectful. Was she blind? Did she not she realize she had a freaking BABY! I'll tell you what, I thought this girl was straight up pathetic. I was blown away at her ignorance. However- I was missing a minor detail about Farrahs life. No not minor, major. Where's the father you ask? I thought the same thing. So being the detective that I am, I did my research and stubbled upon news that I didn't expect. Two months before Farrah had baby Sophia, her baby daddy- who she was not with anymore, was in a drunk driving accident with his two friends and was killed along with one other. I was speachless. This hadn't been mentioned on the show- for reasons that I don't know but assume are for a good reasons. I went to bed that night feeling guilty. Guilty for judging someone and disliking them without knowing the whole picture. Ya ya I know it's a tv show and these people aren't in my life but it took judging a reality show star for me to see that I don't even know the whole story of those who are in my life. I don't necessarily think that this tragic event justifys for the way Farrah treats people but it does make me realize that there are reasons for why people are the way they are. It shouldn't always be the excuse for negative and rude behavior but once again Wr are all human. I know that I will def be on my toes next time I think I know someone so well that I have the right to judge them. Of course I'm not perfect and don't expect to be some perfect person who never judges anyone ever again but I will for sure keep in mind that I truly don't know the entire picture or story to anyones life.

Next time someone offends you, bugs you, or whatever it may be- let them off easy. It will prevent you from getting it thrown back in your face like it did to me.

5 comments:

Ashley C. said...

What a great post Laur. A great little reminder to be nicer to others and judge less. Something we can all work on I am sure. It is always eye opening to learn something about someone and have a better understanding of why they act a certain way or why they make the choices that they do.

I love you and I am grateful for you! Thanks for the reminder. :) You are lovely.

sophie weichers said...

I LOVE TEEN MOM.

"Amber.. I .. Love... You."

"Dammnn Maci"

"I am a mother! I am a teenager tooo!"

"ohhh myyy gosshh... you are satin"

" Ryan can't you see this is killin mee"

"I dont wanna do this no more Gary"

I luuhhhhh you Lauren- I mean maciiiiiii

Mushie said...

Lar what a great reminder to treat others the way we would like them to treat us!
Thanks..for being you and for giving me something to think about and work on!

Courtney said...

well said....love you and your deep thoughts!

Nickposh said...

thanks for sharing... love and miss you!