Tuesday, June 28, 2011

fighter.

the other day i was at the farmington pool with my family. just minding my own business, when all the sudden- i saw this little boy. i honestly felt like someone had taken a dagger to my heart. i was completely overwhelmed and felt like someone had hit me with a big brick called reality. i watched him in awe, and i was so amazed at the way he moved and got around the pool. it made me realize how small and minature my promblems were and how big my blessings really are.  however- this little boy isnt "not blessed", because i believe he is a lucky and blessed individual as well.  he seems to me like one of the strongest, bravest people ive ever seen- theres no way that i could go through a trial like his and have the positivity and determination that he does.  i learned a big lesson that day. mainly for myself- that i am beyond blessed and everyday i need to be grateful for what i have been given, even if it feels like im having a bad day. because you know what? it could always be worse, harder, more difficult.  this little boy is an amazing example of being positive and happy even though he suffers everyday from being able to fit in with the norm.  he is a fighter. and i want to be just like him too- i want to be a fighter and realize that nothing can make me feel like i cant do something.  my favorite quote is something that pops into my head a lot but im not sure who its by. it says something along the lines that life is 25% of what happens to us, and 75% of how we react to it.  i believe that this boy is a living testimony of that statement.  hard things happen- but its our reaction and actions that define how we live our lives.   its people like him that show me that my life is beautiful if i believe it to be- and thats all i have to do, is believe it, and after that, it will all fall into place and it really will become a reality.



4 comments:

Courtney said...

Tears just streaming down my face, what an incredible kid. We are so blessed!

coriconnors said...

Love this, Lauren. Thanks for the reminder. I needed it today!

Cailey & Brady said...

I know and love his mom and dad! What an amazing little boy! Love you laur!

Jordan said...

Lauren I am stalking your blog! This is such a neat story. I have taken him swimming before and it is incredible to watch! He is an amazing little kid!