Monday, September 14, 2009

extreme makeover.

okay so the word EXTREME might be a little...well extreme...but however its still a makeover.  so for you that dont know- I am on my 6th week of cosmetology school at Paul Mitchell and I adoooooore it! yep i really do. Not that I didnt love college and school cus to be honest with my inner nerd- I quite like learning and I'm not too shabby at school either. BUT for you that DO know me, you know that I love to pamper myself and I spend way too much time getting ready for nothing.  So instead of taking that in a bad way, I feel as if I can turn that love of mine into something great! So I followed my heart and I found myself at Paul Mitchell.  I've always loved getting all dolled up and although people might think I'm silly for doing my hair before hitting the beach, it's always just been a part of who I am and makes me happy! I've learned to embrace it and I've also found that I love making others feel amazing about themselves as well! Doing the little girls hair is something I find absolutely entertaining and if thats the way I spend the rest of my life- doing what I love &&&& making others feel beautiful- then I think I'm set :)


SO...back to the makeover. 
this past week I had my big floor test to pass CORE. (which is like the basics to get me started)...and for my model I used Naomi. She was so sweet to sit for hours and I played and played with her hair.  Anywho a couple days before I decided to do some practicing and I ended up giving my little sister a fabulously new look! waaaala! take a peeek for yourself.  Thanks nomers for being my test model :]



new and improved :] i think i did quite well if i do say so!

4 comments:

Adrianne said...

Naomi looks beautiful! You did a great job- and you always make the girls look so cute. I wish that you could come over and do their hair every morning. Maybe I just need hair lessons.

Love you. And I love that you are doing what makes you happy.

Ashley C. said...

Way to go Laur! Naomi does look beautiful! Can you come do my hair? ugh.

I am so happy for you. It is so fun to watch somebody pursue the things they love.

Love you tons....

Courtney said...

Are you sure that is Naomi and not just a stand in...? She looks amazing. How about giving me a makeover someday too! you could do great things for me i am sure!

Mushie said...

I'm stalking you!!!
I love when you are around and can help me with my hair!
Watching you do Nana's hair on Sunday was very sweet. You have a gift... thanks for sharing it with all of us!