Friday, May 14, 2010

the REAL question.

I know this happens to everyone. Okay maybe not every single person- but I know I'm not alone. Today me and Katy decided we wanted to go somewhere for lunch (rather than go home and eating leftovers and whatnot). So of course we couldn't decide where we wanted to go and so we made a list of places. Places I've all gone before and knew that I could find something I like. So this Is the prob- I always go to the same places to eat. I have my handful- the dodo, einstiens, cafe rio, la puente, and a couple others but you catch my drift. This convo seems to come up a lot when deciding where to eat. Infact I had this convo with Rachel and Braden not too long ago. They had different points about trying new places or not and I hope they won't mind if I share some of their insight mixed with my own

So you have one side- stick with the favorites and what you know! By doing this you know you won't go wrong. The food won't dissapoint and your golden for the night! By having a few couple places you go it narrows down the choices- making it easier to choose where to go. Also you never have to live with the regret of going to a new place and hating it and then wishing you'd just gone to a favorite instead!


Now for the other side- try new places! That way you are experiencing new things an you might end up finding a new favorite place with delish stuff! You never have to wonder if you are missing out! And there is no doubt a better feeling than finding a new place and having it be soooooo lovely.


So what do you do? They both have their pros and cons. It's a debacle. I'm sure everyone has their reasons...but Im tossed up between the two!

3 comments:

Courtney said...

I am all about trying new places. I usually make sure they have a good review first....like from City Weekly or Salt Lake Magazine. I love new food, and new finds. I struggle ordering the turkey sandwich from the Dodo everytime.....I know I know call me crazy but I almost feel guilty for not trying something new!

susan said...

Oh, the turkey sandwich (with swiss cheese, of course) and the salad. I haven't eaten dinner yet and suddenly the Dodo sounds so good. Steve and I are a good combination. I'm always stuck in a rut and he loves to try new things.

Mushie said...

I always cast my vote for trying new places and things. Life's too short to not experience a little variety!

But I also love the tried and true favorites!