Sunday, May 22, 2011

ocd:foodaddition

blame it on the way i was raised. but i love me some food. i love to talk about it. spend money on it. go to nice places to get it. and most importantly, i love to eat it.  


blame it on the way i was raised. but i love me some routine. yep i like to switch it up every now and again. but i like waking up in the morning with some sort of plan or something to look forward to.  it helps my weeks flow a little bit more smoothly and i have less time to worry about silly things.




now combine food + routine and you will discover one of my many peculiar traits about me. no i dont eat at the same time everyday, or the same thing for every dinner on every tuesday night.  its not that extreme. however, i get a little stuck.  and by stuck i mean- i get obsessed with a food and eat in routinely over and over until i get sick of it and then i find something new.




allow me to disect just a bit.  when i was in elementary school, not sure what grade- i became obsessed with bacon! oh man did i love it. and so i would have my mom buy it for me and i would cook it in the microwave just about every day and then watch some arthur while i was at it.  i was addicted to it. i ate it and loved it so so much.  then one day after my bacon obsesh had started to fizzle, my mom suprised me and brought home some bacon (creepy how that just sounded). i looked at her like duh didnt you know, "i dont like bacon anymore mom" whaaaat? how was she supposed to know? well she was- i was simply over my bacon streak.  




after the bacon it was the german pancakes, it was the only thing i knew how to make- and so i made it once a week. then it was waffle crisp, then nutella and bananas down at dixie, then it was the rice sides, then eggs on toast the first year down at provo,  then cottage cheese with bbq chips, then the fire cheetos streak occured, oh and cant forget the blueberries (still kinda obsessed still). you see- ive been through it all. i eat it all the time. everyday, couple times a week, once a week at least. and it usually lasts for a couple months at a time. until i simply just wear my little taste buds out with the same freaking taste over and over again. then i dont eat it for months again. then the cycle begins again. i try it again about 6 months later and im like- OH MY GOSH I CANT BELIEVE I FORGOT HOW GOOD EGGS ARE!? and you know what happens next.




so my current obsession right now...waffles. i may or may not have had them 3 times in a week before i went to mexico and that was the first thing i made when i came home.  im obsessed with making people waffles as well. its probably not the best thing to be addicted to- especially when i fill each crater with butter and then top it off with straight sugary syrup. but i cant help it....once im addicted- i just cant get enough (thank you black eyed peas).  


so im not sure what it will be next. or when my waffle obsesh will end but i can tell you this- i will be having waffles tmrw while we watch the bachelorette! cant wait for this season to start :)




thats all. i dont know what my deal is- but when i love something, i REALLY love it. like really a lot. too much for my own good. a big shout out and thank you to my taste buds for putting up with me.











now try and honestly tell me you arent gonna make waffles this week....? my mouth is watering and my stomach is growling from these delightful photos.  i need to stop now.

6 comments:

Karen said...

How do you stay so thin? Food is the best, I could never be anorexic, it's too delicious! Have you ever had the Belgian Waffles in downtown salt lake called bruges waffles across the street from pioneer park? It will change your life!

Annika said...

I love waffles so much. And I do the same thing. Every year I go through a kiwi thing from about august unil october or november or so, whenever they stop showing up and being good. I eat like 3 a day and become hyper healthy because those things have more vitamin C than oranges. then I get over it. Now I really want one. and this fall velveeta was my food.

Kari said...

i do the exact same thing. all the time. once it was chicken strips. then it was spaghetti. but now, i think you've just cursed me with the waffles.

Courtney said...

I agree with Karen, you must try Bruges.... You can get chocolate stuffed waffles with ice-cream. Yum!
And to spin off of Kari and the chicken strips, there is a place in LA called Rosco's and they make fried chicken and waffles, honestly delicious!
You come by the obsession honestly, just look at our Dad. It was tapioca, then cocomotion, huevos rancheros, shrimp and I bet he works on his "Lucas" chicken thru the summer:)

Shawnee said...

i can't tell you that.. now im gonna need to make some waffles:)
ps i do the same thing! haha so funny

Ali Jo Heusser said...

I'm way upset because I'm at work and I just scrolled down to these beautifully amazing pictures of the waffles and now my mouth is watering so bad and I can't even have any!
What have you done to me!! :(
hahahahah