Tuesday, September 21, 2010

o...c...d..?

I'm not OCD. Not even self-diagnosed. I don't care about certain numbers, I don't stress over certain things that don't make sense....usually. However- I have recently questioned myself over a little OCD characteristic. Its not a big deal really- but to me, I makes me tick. If it's not perfect, I fix it. Doesn't matter what I'm doing- I will clean it. I will shut it and I will organize it. Possibly 4-7 times a day...as many times as I see it looking homely. Who knew such a small thing could stir up my insides. I really should let it go..but I CANT.


This stupid and lame obsession is with the "Wash House". Huh? Please allow me to explain. At school we have an area where the shampoo bowls, towels, and shampoo+condition resides. And for some reason- I am the wash house nazi. No one made that title for me, I certainly gave it to myself. When at school, about once a month, we are on a job for the day. Whether it be in charge of washing towels, or cleaning bowls..everyone has a chance to be on a job for a day. When you are in charge of towels- you wash the towels (duh), fold them (PERFECTLY, if your me), deliver the towels above the sinks to their shelf, and manage the wash house (meaning you clean up spills, straighten the shampoo bottles, and make sure the wash house looks spotless). Towels is my favorite job to me on because it means its my territory for the day. I can roll the towels exactly how they are supposed to look, make sure all the cabinets where the towels are placed are always shut, and organize everything to make it look perfect 24/7.
I do stress a little when I am on towels because some people mess it up but for the most part I hold my composure, put on a smile and just do my job how I like it.



The other days of the month are my problem. The days where I am not towels are killer. Seriously it takes everything in me to not look over to the Wash House to see if it looks okay. If it doesn't- I walk my butt over there and start cleaning. Then about 10 minutes later i cant help but make sure it still looks okay- it usually doesn't...and there I go again. Its become a problem to my social life as well. You see- my friends are sick of hearing about it...and not only are they sick of hearing about it, they are sick of watching me make my way over there a couple times a day to clean up and shut the doors on the towel cabinet.


The strange thing is- I can let my room get a little crazy. Im fine with a little chaos in my car every once in a while. I tell myself I can clean it later and it happens usually...later. But there is something about the Wash House that sure makes my blood turn. It has a certain control over me that I don't know how to ignore. help?

So perhaps I am self-diagnosed with a strange case of OCD? or maybe im just possessed by the Wash House? Who knows....all I know is that Wash House looks dang good because of my crazy self.


1 comment:

nicole said...

haha that totally not OCD just a little funny :)