Tuesday, April 26, 2011

just predictions.

remember when i brought up that autobiography that i wrote in 6th grade? well i decided to pick it up tonight- reread some, and do my own 21 year old version of one of the topics.


i decided i would put my old one first- just for kicks.


10 predictions for my future.




in my 6th grade mind.
1. i will graduate from college (didnt happen)


2. i will get married (still have hope)


3. i will become a mom (hopefully one day)


4. i will live in utah or somewhere warmer (vauge. but currently doing so)


5. i will go to BYU (does living in provo count?)


6. i will become a teacher (or a hairstylist...close right?)


7. i will play the guitar (i quit the only instrument i played the very next year in 7th..)


8. i will get a jeep wrangler (does a jeep cherokee count...close enough?)


9.  i will be in the dance company at east (tried out every year- failed every year)


10. i will travel all over europe (there is still time!)




so you see...my predictions werent completely on the right track, but they werent all that wrong. just a few things have changed.  i realized then tha i just put the things down that all my sisters were doing because i thought i was going to be exactly like them.  while i do love my sisters so much- im not them, im me...and because i followed my heart, it lead me to where i am today. even though that meant dropping out of college and going a completely different direction. anywho- i decided to make a few more predictions...from my view now- here goes!




my 21 year old mind.


1. i will get married to my best friend and love of my life. ( decided to keep that same one, but add some spunk to it.)


2. i will travel to africa (have to one day)


3. my hair will one day be long and be all mine! (i realize this is vain. you should realize that i dont really care- i pray for my sad dry brittle hair on a daily)


4. i will become successful in my trade (yep my dad called it that the other day and i felt very grown up- so im stickin with it)


5. i will move out of utah. even if its just for a short time. ( i dont mind if i end up back in ut. but i would love to experience life somwhere new for a minute or two)


6. i will own my very own golden retriever. ( i know this is specific- but its the one dog me and zach completely agree on. so therefor, i hope one will make it into my future!)


7.  i will make a difference in the world. (a big enough difference that i could possibly start my own foundation, or at least be a big part of one)


8. i will become braver and more confident in life. (i hope that over time i will just get better and better at that)


9. one day i will have a regular bedtime of 9 pm and be an early riser. (dont know when that day will come...but i hope it will)


10. i will be happy and grateful no matter what trials, pains, and challenges the future brings into my life.






welp folks. i guess we will just have to wait and see what the future holds. but im excited to see- until then, im just going to love the present and enjoy the ride.


6 comments:

Courtney said...

I predict that you will accomplish all of those goals....
I am loving the 6th grade bio....keep it coming!

Paul and Annie said...

Lauren! I just have to say that I truly love your blog not just because you are the cutest girl in the whole world but because it makes me think outside of the box and look at life in a different way! Love ya girlie!
~Annie

susan said...

Such a great post. I love your goals and dreams and can't wait to see you fulfill them.

Adrianne said...

1. (sniffle) I am a little emotional about the idea of you getting married. You are getting so grown up.

4. Yes- you will be sucessful! (p.s. did I win the contest to be your color model?)

5. I will miss you when you move out of Utah- please don't go for long and visit ofter.

6. Kate will visit and play with your dog.

9. One day when you have little kids- you will go to bed at 9 because you are complete exhausted and they will wake you up with soft little kisses early in the morning!

10. You are one of the happiest, cutest, life loving people that I know! I think you are darling! Love you!

Ashley C. said...

What a cute idea laur. i loved reading your predictions from sixth grade. And I love reading your predictions for now.

Im sure you can do whatever you set your heart on. And I know you will be successful in your life, travel, marriage, trade, dog owning, early rising and more.

and please, i know you would be okay leaving, but my little heart would be so sad. so so sad.

Madi Bringhurst said...

loved this!!!

girl, you are going to do every single one of those! I just know it! :) love you