Friday, December 24, 2010

i cant believe Christmas is just a couple days away! the past few years as some of you may know- i spend my holiday in Mexico doing a service project.  it has completely transformed the way i feel and think about my Christmas.  it used to be all about the morning of, opening my presents, being so excited to see what i got, all the Xmas craze with shopping and all that.  but now days its just a lot more low key- my family doesn't do gifts anymore (with a few exceptions here and there) but nothing like it used to be...and we head on down to Mexico instead of curling up and being lazy inside watching the snow.  I'm not gonna lie, at first it was super hard for me to make the change...i wanted the snow and the lights and the magical feeling.  but now i realize that there is way more to Christmas than that.  i can help a family have a house of their own, a place where their family can live and grow up.  its long days and hard work- but its the most rewarding way to spend my Christmas.  so yes i am excited for Christmas just a few days away- but not because i get to open presents and all that jazz- but because that means I'm headed down to Mexico, to be with great people, to make a million new little Mexican buddies, for the early mornings and late nights, the amazing food, and to make some family have a very very merry Christmas.











1 comment:

Courtney said...

I sure love YOU...the real you! I love everything about you, from your particulars to your basics. I think my life with be incredibly boring without you. Thanks for being such a great sister and for loving me so much!!