Wednesday, December 22, 2010

twennieate.

Day 28. Two confessions.


Okay so i was thinking about what I was going to write about when I was driving back from Provo yesterday and nothing was coming to mind.  Of course when Im really trying to pin point something, my mind goes blank. so Im driving along and a T. Swift song comes on and I quickly change it....then it hit me like a ton of bricks...which leads me to my first confession....



confession 1: I am not obsessed/inlove with taylor swift.




i will tell you this- every girl loves taylor swift. she sings about their life and they have her cd in their car for months on repeat. every girls except- me. dont get me wrong, i like her.  i think her songs are fun and catchy and i download them and listen to them...but after a while im over it.  im done and i dont want to listen to her anymore.  id much rather listen to ingrid, or band of horses, or florence +the machine...or anythins else really. unlike most girls , i dont thank her for writing songs that fit my life exactly- cus they dont...and i dont obsess over every thing about her- cus honestly, im just not that obsessed with her. i think im the only girl in the world who isnt- and frankly, about half of the people reading this right now are thinking ew, i dont like lauren anymore.  which is fine, but you have to remember that i never said i didnt like her- cus i do, i think she is darling and sweet and innocent...im just not OBSESSED like the rest of the world.  so there you have it...i laid it out on the table....now go ahead and judge me for it.





confession 2: i talk to myself. and i dont just talk to myself and have a conversation- i have a full on pretend situation that i act to. so i never really told anyone...until about a week ago- but sometimes when im driving...i pretend that im on a talk show...or that im on a reality show and im a celeb...and i tell ellen allllll about my life and a everything that sounds interesting.  and even when im not driving and just walking around my house by myself i pretend like im on laguna beach, or even better- mtv cribs...and i explain the room as i make my way upstairs to get a string cheese.  i dont really know why i do this- to be honest its really embarassing...but it makes being alone so much more enjoyable i think! and i didnt feel so dumb when katy told me she does the same thing- but she is usually on political debates and such, instead of ellen. this other confession came to me while driving- when i was pretending that i was some famous singer...on ellen and then i realized how weird i am and confession number 2 was in plain sight for me. so yep- you can judge me again...i still play make believe, but at least i know my imagination still works?









5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your not obsessed with t swift because you've been in a steady relationship for 4 years haha that's why you don't think her songs are your life. There not. There about break ups an make ups. Your one of the lucky ones. You don't need Ellen to tell you tht.. Love youuu!

Karen said...

You are not the only girl. I am not obsessed with Taylor Swift. For all the same reason your not. It's awesome to find out someone else who doesn't LOVE her! Great post!

Melissa Smith said...

I'm totally with you Lauren!!!! I hate listening to her songs anymore....so totally agree.

sophie weichers said...

TEAM T SWIFT!

buuuttt
i still love you.

Chelsea Oldroyd said...

wow i love you like 4950 times more now that you said you walk around being on "tv" hahaha. i love that.

&& I love you.