Wednesday, March 16, 2011

hello.

hi. we know i have a bad case of loosing things. my latest lose is my camera cord. the usb. ya know...the one that connects the camera to the computer.  it may be because i live in two place. and so i when i take stuff to and from- i loose it along the way. whatever or however i lost it- its driving me nuts. seriously going crazy. i have not taken a picture on my camera since january. zach is probably enjoying me not saying "oooh lets take another pic" but i promise he will thank me later when we have a picture to document all the memories we had.  so just so you all know- im sending out a search and rescue for my cord. im trying to post pone buying a new one because i know the minute i do- i will find it again.
that same thing happened with my license.

it went missing for months and months and so finally my mom made me get a new one. so i did. and then a week later i found my old license. so i had two. it came in hand sometimes- but they were both hideous. let me tell you this- i was so excited to get my new picture for my 21st birthday- i was going to look greaaat and get all ready and wear something cute. no. no no no. i got bronchitis- i turned into death and had to have keri go with me just so i wouldnt die or pass out basically. i got there...with greasy hair and pale sick face- they zoomed in, took the pic and overexposed it with light. can i just tell you that i look smokin? smokin gross.  anywho...


now that i went off on a tangent- ive been really bad at blogging. but trying to get back in the groove of things. mainly because i want to look back on it and remember stuff. i figure i will continue my challenge cus my 15 days is almost over anyways! so lets get back to it.


day 13-      5 great inventions- (in myy mind.)

1. dvr. 
tv in general is fascinating these days- but really dvr is just great. you can watch your show when you want to- fast forward the commercials- and rewind if you must re watch something again.  its made watching the bachelor much more enjoyable and two shows never conflict. congratulations dvr- youre amazing.






2. car.
transportation is huge. but sometimes when im sitting in my car driving- i cant help but think- woah im like sitting in a box that is moving me from point a to point b. im also the control of this little box thing and i tell it when to go and when to stop. and look around me- lots of boxes with lots of people inside them! i know cars arent boxes- but they sure as heck could be! getting to zachs house would be a COMPLETELY different experience if i did not have a car to take me there.



3. words with friends.
all apps are great. i loved angry birds, cut the rope, sallys spa, the list could go on. however i was playing those BY MYSELF. it was just me and my phone taking over the spa world. then i would feel so lame after playing for days. but wwf i have no shame. why? because its like im playing with a friend. because i am. im playing scrabble with a friend. it makes me think and it keeps you in touch (in a way) with lots of people- friends, family, and acquaintances.

4. toothpaste.
what in the world did people do before toothpaste. before brushing your teeth was discovered. poor souls. i cannot imagine the rankness of their breath. did they just get used to it? cus that is something i could never just get used to. morning breath is horrid and some meals cant be covered with a mint of gum. BRUSH BRUSH BRUSH AWAY. i am so grateful for the invention of the tooooothpaste!



5. makeup. 
good riddance to those who look perfect without it. and good riddance to the boys who hate girls who wear it...can i get a HALLELUJAH from all the girls out there that need a little make up in their lives! sure- i bet if i lived back in a time where girls didnt wear any than i would be just quite alright- BUT seeing the difference it can make WITH it on...praise makeup. i just love it. i love the colors, the accents, the texture, the depth, the matte or gloss finish, i wike it all. call me what you want, but im only human here and im no fresh out of the shower model. there are days when i dont even want to put it on- but when i do, im grateful that it is there :)





thank you. that is all.

3 comments:

Melissa Smith said...

Um HELLO?!? You play words with friends too?!? My name on there is MJMSmith and hello NARS?! Have you tried their amazing blush? It's like their number one seller. its Ah-mazing! Gosh I miss you doing my hair. Would you consider doing it at home or something? I need my roots done sooooooo bad!

The Smarts said...

lauren! you are so cute. i hope youre doing good!

Madi Bringhurst said...

you are adorable! HALLELUJAH for make up :) haha love it! it is so true! It just emphasizes what you've already got right? It has been so long laur! I would love to catch up with you all of you cute girls! Hope life is wonderful!!