Monday, March 7, 2011

Originality.

My name is Lauren Elizabeth Parker and there is only one of me. Let me tell you something- there is only one of everybody. It's how life was meant to be. We all have different struggles, passions, annoyances, and desires. On some levels we connect to others because we do have similarities of a sort- but no two people are the exact same. It's a blessing really. We get to create who we are and make ourselves stand out as individuals and our unique qualties are what draws people to another. So if we are so lucky to be one in 6 billion- why do we try to be someone else? Why would we want to copy what others are already doing? Why would we want to imitate another's uniqueness and creativity? Why do we yearn to be someone else instead of just improving ourselfs? And I'm not talking about what's on the outside- I'm talking about the stuff that counts here people- what's inside. 

I believe in inspiration. I love learning from others and taking their thoughts and using them to better my life. I love seeing an ad in a magazine and trying to recreate it with a twist of Lauren. I love looking at the world and soaking in what I can. I love swapping good music with others to get new fresh tunes in my library. 
 

But inspiration is not imitation. Imitation is weak. Imitation says nothing about ourselves- it says everything about someone else. It does not show people our minds. It is simply letting another person be your source of creativity and imagination. We are all born with different perspectives- if you asked a room full of people to draw a sunset, no two sunsets  would look the same. Because no two people see one sunset in the exact same manner. 

Why would we waste our lives that are bursting at the seams of originality, be wasted on imitation? Why should we ever think that what we like, think and see isn't as wonderful as others? Thats the beauty of it all. We are all different- and that's how is supposed to be. We werent meant to full time copy cats- or else the world would never change an grow . So embrace yourself- and make YOUR life unique and original. Because you control and shape your life...but remember you only have one- so make it good. 


Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.  ~Judy Garland. 
   

It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.  ~e.e. cummings


Almost every man wastes part of his life in attempts to display qualities which he does not possess, and to gain applause which he cannot keep.  ~Samuel Johnson

There is just one life for each of us:  our own.  ~Euripides

Be what you are.  This is the first step toward becoming better than you are.  ~Julius Charles Hare

You were born an original.  Don't die a copy.  ~John Mason

Why try to be someone you're not?  Life is hard enough without adding impersonation to the skills required.  ~Robert Brault

Insist upon your self. Be original. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 comments:

Meg said...

Yes yes yesssssssss! amen, hallelujah, praises and all that good stuff! Love this, love you!

Cailey & Brady said...

Hahaha I sorta laughed reading this cause I had a certain someone in mind. Anywho you're great and I love when you inspire me. I'm changing my name to Lauren elizabeth parker tom. Hope thaaaass cool:)

Jenna said...

THANK YOUUUU!

Shawnee said...

love this! so true.