Tuesday, February 8, 2011

day six.

day 6. FIVE things you would wear to a party right now

well what kind of party? so last night as i was watcing the bach- i couldnt help but notice chantel o.'s awful awful dress from hell. barrrf. shes a pretty girl but she has got to get better dresses cus those animal print, skin tight, cleave bulging dresses are jsut not doing her justice.  anywho i read a lot of bachelor blogs, im obsessed with it, and its been brought up that you are required to pack a certain amount of cocktail dresses- because, duh...your going to be attending lots of cocktail parties. so when i read this question- i pictured myself as a contestant, packing for my "amazing love adventure". what would you bring? some girls only make it to 2 ceremonies, some 7...plus all the date nights. geeze these girls must be buying a lotttt of dresses. however for example: britt- she didnt buy any new dresses....she is reusing old prom dresses. but thats besides the point. the point is...i picked 5 dresses that if i were in these girls shoes, i would buy and plan on wearing to the cocktail parties..


1. they had this dress in mustard yellow and a soft navy blue as well but i chose the more coral one because i think it would be the most flattering on my skin tone. (although i loved the yellow oneeee). but i think this color looks great if you are tan too...so i would save this dress until i had spent a week in tahiti..duh.




2. i likes the simple neutral color, the skinny pleats on the bottom and the fact that it doesnt hug every inch of the body, but does tie in the waist to give it some shape!


3. i dont know if its the flirty-ness of the tierred ruffles that drew me in, of the simple fresh cream color with the contrast of the black belt- but it just works for me.  hair pulled up nice and sleek, maybe a few golden bangles, paired with a high black simple pump- perfect!




4. im sure some people absolutely despise their dress- because it is so different- but thats simply what i do like about it. i love the gold and green together (obvi) and i think its a nice change up from the classic dresses looks. 



5. i know i chose another pastel dress that is safe. but i loved the neck on this dress plus the color is not loud or obnoxious- which i feel like a lot of the girls dresses are. its more about the detail with this dress rather than the color- and i find that more charming. 




i know i didnt pick a lbd- but thats only because i know i would have many of those....these are more interesting to look at anyways.  im glad the bachelor sparks some kind of light on in my brain- rather than continue to make me dumber. hahaaaa i still just love it!

*dresses courtesy of TopShop & Anthropologie.










5 comments:

Jenna said...

NUMBER FOURRRR! That is my favorite. I love the bach too... I think Emily is always dressed so cute. She is so sweet and perfect and it kills me. I can't picture who Britt is though..now I want to know because I want to see this prom dress re-usal you speak of.

Cailey & Brady said...

hahaha I couldn't concentrate on the rest of the post after the comment about brit wearing her old prom dress. bahahaha im still laughing. you kill me.

Ashley C. said...

um i like # 5, then #3.

and you would rock all of these. love you!

Robyn Palmer said...

Cute cute cute! I love the cream ruffly one!

Adrianne said...

Hey I like # 5 and #3 as well. Not that I will be a bach contestant any time soon :)