Friday, January 7, 2011

breathe

Hello new year. We've been off to a lazy start. While the rest of the world seems to be making new years resolutions- I've been sleeping in every day, eating nachos for the hundreth time, and watch episodes of ellen and Tyra back to back. Why so slothful? Simply because I'm stresses. And when I get stressed- I go into shut down mode. Its quite backwards really.


The thing is, the last year and half of my life I've been busy. I woke up before 9, was at school all day and was constantly doing something! Even this winter break I was up by 8- and worked all day on the job sites- followed by coming home and playing with all the friends and fam.
Which brings us to now- I am graduated from school and I've hit a wall. My plan was to move back to salt lake and immediately start working. Well sometimes life doesn't go as planned. My contract won't sell and I cant pay for a place for 8 months and not live there. Not in the budget. So I've decided to stay in prov until my contract does sell.


In the meantime I've been looking for something to do- a job that is going to benefit me in Provo and will be okay if I have to all the sudden move back to salt lake- a job that fit in my career field as a cosmetologist. At first I was freaking out. My life wasn't going anywhere and I was supposed to be well on my way right? Well after a few sleepless night (maybe the reasoning for my wake up time of noon) and deep discussions with multiple succesful people I've realized I just need to take a deep breath.


I'm not sure still what is going to happen, who knows where I'll be living 3 weeks from today, and who knows what I'll be doing. BUT as much as it freaks and stresses me out- I realize everything will eventually take it's course and life will go on. That doesn't mean giving up and just letting life go on how it will, I will just simply be intune to every ippurtunity that comes my way! Cus everything does happen for a reason, right?!


....and yeah, i just wrote this eating nachos, in my sweats and topped it off with a lindor chocolate. at least i did make an effort to exercise this morning, good effort indeed.


so today i needed a little positive reinforcement. that i havent failed because i have no idea what im doing with my life, but that i can do whatever i simply want with my life.
for all those who need a little pick me up..




4 comments:

Cailey & Brady said...

I'm quite positive you made this all up just to make my pathetic thing called a life not feel too pathetic. We could not be feeling more the same right now... thank you for making my day. be grateful you have ellen instead of family who keeps asking you EVERY blasted day what you are going to do with your life? I just want to run away for a solid year and live off my savings... you wanna come? no work only play:) i wish i was totally kidding, but i'm not. At the moment this is my life plan... and personally I think it sounds wonderful! Also just so you know sophie is coming too.

Mushie said...

Yep...everything will work out!!!
We love you LAR

Haylie Hennefer said...

k i love your blog :)

you are just a straight up cute girl, laur.

Marissa Madsen said...

I just love you. But i miss you too much, it hurts really.