Saturday, October 16, 2010

ate.

day8. If you could have any pet regardless of what it is, what would you want?


if you asked me this question a couple years ago, maybe even months ago i might say something crazy. like a little monkey, who doesnt love Abu? or a dolphin in my pool (that i dont have). but not anymore. because i have decided animals of that sort, should not be pets. they should be free in the wild, where they are supposed to be. sophie showed me all the cruel things that people do to dolphins and although they seem like such happy little things at Sea World and such, they are under so much stress. its not where they belong.  and after i heard the story about the lady who raised a pet monkey all her life, and then one day it went crazy and ripped her friends face off, never ever getting a monkey. dont get me wrong, i still think they are adorable and wouldnt mind seeing one one day in the wild and loving every minute of it, but a house just isnt the place for those little guys.
i dont mean to turn into such a animal rights activist, but i cant really help myself because i truly do love animals, i think they are very interesting.


so instead of letting my imagination take me for this post, i decided to go with a dog. and i dont think i settled by choosing one either because i LOVE dogs. not like some people, but i really do love my own dog and i just think they are amazing in general. there is something about the connection you have with them that is just one of a kind. and i dont feel guilty either because i believe dogs are ment to be pets.  there are exceptions and some dogs do go crazy, but overall- dogs do well inside a home and with people in general.


so i choose this little thing. if i could have one on my lap right now, i might pee my pants a little bit.  i just want to kiss his nose and pick it up in my arms and LOVE IT. one day it will be mineeee, allll mine :)


(dont mind the nerdy pink jacket.)

2 comments:

sophie weichers said...

i like the jacket! i want that doggggiiee.

Mushie said...

So cute!!!! A little version of Hailey! Thanks to you Lar we have our wonderful dog and she truly loves you!