Thursday, October 14, 2010

take a minute.

i didnt blog yesterday. you probably know. it was a hard day and a good day all in one. good- because i got to spend time with my friends and eat at the Dodo. i also had an amazing chat with my mom about life. my mom is always on the go- shes a busy lady because she is always helping others and never just setting time aside for herself.  i was lucky to catch her on a night when she didnt have a lot on her plate and we hate a long deep chat- i sure love and cherish those little moments. and i also got to see cute zachary for a minute which always puts a cherry on top of my day :)

it was hard though as well. my brother-in-law, Scott's, brother passed away. he had been struggling with cancer and was finally released of his pain mid-yesterday.  death is always hard for me no matter how close i am to the person. as much as i know there is a plan and that death is something that is supposed to happen- it is still hard.

for being only 20 years old, ive seen a lot of death thrown in my face. friends, school mates, family members, neighbors. its helped me realize how precious life really is. we get ONE shot to make it the best. ONE chance to be happy with what we've got. ONE is all we got. and for some of us, that one shot is long, and for others its very short. for the most part, we never know when our own lives will come to an end, or perhaps when the loved ones or acquaintances around us will pass either. as i said a little prayer in my heart for the jacobsen family yesterday on my drive to salt lake, i made a little promise to myself to make my days more enjoyable. laugh more, smile more, complain less, learn more, engage in more conversations, judge less, dance more. everyday is a gift, it truly is whatever we want to make it.  we all wake up on the wrong side of the bed- i know, its life, it happens- but what if, just what if..every one knew they only had one more day to live? the world would change completely. and so ive told myself to start living that way. it wont be easy- im not expecting it to. but the simplest things- such as smiling at others can make all the difference. and all im really striving for is a little difference.






ill continue my challenge tmrw :)
with all my love , xoxox.

2 comments:

Mushie said...

loved having time with just you to talk and laugh and connect...that's the really good stuff of life!!!
You have great wisdom for one so young...and it teaches us all to value what's really important!
Love you Larie...Lou

Courtney said...

Thanks Laur, we appreciate your love and prayers!! I love you with all my heart and am excited to keep living with you in my life!