Tuesday, October 19, 2010

on a scale of 1-10, its an 11


Day 11. Nicknames I have; why do I have them



Lala: its what my first niece called me as an easier way to say my name. has stuck with me every since.

Modie: this is probably my longest going nickname. ive had it since i can remember and it really is so different because it has nothing to do with my name. im a slow poke and so my dad used to say "mo-de-do-de-do" when i was being slow and then modie just formed from it. my brother-in-laws call me nothing but modie, they will introduce me as modie and i have to look at the person and be like, welll my real name is lauren. haha its a different one for sure but its very unique :)

Laurie/Laurie Lou: my parents have always called me laurie lou, or laurie and now zach calls me nothing but laurie...but he prefers to spell it "laury".

L: in highschool i used to be called this more, i think Rachie was the one who called me by L the most. and the meaning is pretty obvi.


of course there is lots of other little ones but for the most part i think those are my most popular nicknames. i love nicknames though, i think some are so clever and for some reason i feel like dads are the best at giving them. my dad is famous for handing out nicknames to all the kids and zachs dad too has a name for everyone. to him in lauren bacall (after the actress). maybe its just a dad thing that runs in their blood :)

3 comments:

Ashley C. said...

modie- we love you!!!

Cailey & Brady said...

It's true... dads always give out the nicknames. And most the time they're hilarious!

Mushie said...

you'll always be my little Laurie Lou!!! I love you!