Thursday, November 25, 2010

givethanks.

i am more than blessed. im so grateful for a holiday that encourages everyone to find gratitude in their lives.
most people forget to be thankful because it is easier to focus on ones wants- then blessings.  however- i am overwhelmed with the amount i have been blessed with in my life.  

i had the opportunity to go to the Greek Orthodox church to help serve thanksgiving meals this morning. i was surprised by the amount of helpers and volunteers that showed up.  i went last year as well, but i felt like there were double the amount of help this year.  it is such a cool experience to help out our less fortunate friends and it doesn't cost a thing to help! service truly does humble me and i am grateful to know that i have the ability to help others.



just a few things im grateful for:
. a warm house with plenty of food inside.
.a family that loves me unconditionally.
.clothes to wear- and not just one outfit...multiple options and warm shoes.
.friends that love me and make my life the most enjoyable adventure.
.zachary ray- for being my best friend day in and day out.
.eyes to see, limbs to walk, an a healthy body.
.knowledge and the opportunity to gain an education.
.paul mitchell fam- they really are my family: the students, leaders, everyone- ive learned so much from them.
.blankie- because i realized today that a simple blanket can go a long way.
.mexico- i love going down there to enjoy the beauty of it and also help some of my very best friends.
.the sunshine- that gives me hope on a snowy winter day.
.music to fit my every emotion.
. service- knowing that someone as small as me can help is enough satisfaction to make me one happy, grateful girl.



happy thanksgiving.



2 comments:

Nickposh said...

Like! I am thankful for you lovely Lauren! Your posts are insightful, witty, and full of sunshine- keep writing!

Mushie said...

Wow!!! You are truly a blessing in my life!
Thanks for you sweet attitude and zest for life...you make my day!
Love you tons!!!!