Monday, November 1, 2010


About a week ago my sweet Nana (my dads mother) passed away. We had her funeral this last Saturday and it went beautifully.  While I was growing up I didn't see my Nana as much as I would like but in the past five years, Ive got to see her about once a week.  My family started having her come over every Sunday for dinner and I had the opportunity of getting to know her on a new level.  Although she was week and frail, we managed to still create a friendship.  Over the past years Ive watched her get weaker and older- she held on for longer than most imagined but was finally sent to rest. The last night I saw her before she passed was a sweet memory I will always remember. She was very out of it but could manage a few words.  She made eye contact for split seconds and murmured out a few sentences.  She looked at me, and told me that I was so nice, so nice. She smiled a few times, said I love you and told me i was so nice again.  Lastly she added, you're hair looks good. I had to laugh because only my Nana would notice such a thing- and it really didn't look good, i just woke up for my nap, but it was sweet of her none the less. I know now that my sweet Nana is back to her healthy self, with her spunky personality and perfect hearing. I know shes watching down on the legacy she created and is proud. She will always be in my heart- I'm grateful that I got to be closer with her in the past few years. rip.

1 comment:

Mushie said...

Sweet!!!
Thanks Lauren for your love and devotion to Nana..fixing her hair...painting her nails...and taking the time to love and be loved!