Thursday, November 11, 2010

twennie.

Day 20. You're siblings.

I am super blessed to have the family that i do.  not everyone is lucky enough to have sibling that love them and have a strong relationship with. i get that its rare, and i am grateful for the ones i have.  i said i always wanted a brother- but i wouldn't trade any of my sisters for the world.  they are all SO different yet we tie together so well. without one of us- the family just isn't complete.


first there is nicole.  
i adore nicole because she is one of the most adventurous people i know.  she takes on a challenge and she goes for it. she has accomplished so much in her life and lived so many different places that have made her into a stronger and well-rounded person. we are so much alike in the stuff we listen to, the ideas about our future homes, we like the same movies, etc etc. i love it most when she gets really excited about something and she just lights up like a little kid and giggles. we can talk and cry to each other about anything- theres always a little spot in my heart for her and i always know we will have each others backs.








second is adrianne. A is one of the most exciting personalities i know.  she might say that shes spicy- but i love that about her because i know she also has one of the most tender hearts of anyone i know. she takes on more that one person should but somehow she makes time for her jobs, family, cooking amazing dinners, her calling, and all the in between. shes very real and that something i really like about her.  i know that she would never judge me and we can always chat about anything. something that we always joke about is how we never fight.  getting along with her just comes naturally for me. bonding and having chats with her with a cold diet coke in the kitchen are some of my all time favorite memories.





thrid is ashley. since day one ash has took me under her wing and we've been little buddies.  she was always there to save me in timeout and would let me sleep in her bed even when i kicked and squirmed.  i love ash because she is so sensitive to others and has one of the kindest, most sincere hearts i know. she doesn't have a mean bone in her body and she's always looking out for every ones best interest. i love that she will rock out to teen pop and embrace it.  i look up to her in more ways than she will know. she truly is a peacemaker and has more patience than anyone i know.  she's hilarious and always makes me feel like i'm important and loved. we will always be ruth and silvia- the best of buds.







next is courtney.  courtney was the closest to me in age and so i always tried to be just like her.  something particular that i noticed about courtney while growing up was that she wasn't concerned with being "cool" or "popular"- instead she was reaching out to the girl who was a little odd, and making sure that everyone had a friend.  still to this day, courtney makes friends everywhere she goes and is sincerely kind to everyone. me and her can talk about anything. she is the sweetest person and she lets me know she is always there for me. she's a strong person and i look up to her for that.




and last is naomi. although we aren't blood related- its no coincidence that she came to be a part of our family.  i love that she always wants to help- she is willing to help out my mom and will be the first person to let hailey in the back door. shes taught me a lot about patience and has showed me how to love and forgive.  she is the best letter writer and writes the most sincere and thoughtful notes.  she has a soft spot in her heart for animals and is a friend to everyone she meets.  im grateful for the blessing she is in my life and the opportunity its been to help me grow as a person.








im the luckiest sister in the world :)


5 comments:

Courtney said...

You are so generous with your compliments and praise! Our family would certainly not be complete without you. You have made us each better, reminding us to laugh, have fun and be a little kinder. I love how dedicated you are to the things that you love. You are talented, beautiful, strong, and loving. I LOVE YOU!!

Ashley C. said...

This made me cry. Oh how I adore you!!! I'm so lucky you are my darling, amazing, talented, little buddy. I'm so lucky to have all my sisters. Lucky me. :)

Adrianne said...

Lar. Thanks for your kind words about all of us. We do have a unique family in that we all enjoy many close relationships among us. Thank you for 1. Keeping it real 2. Helping me be a more stylish mom 3. Loving my kiddos. And for doing it a 7:30 am with a huge smile on your face. 4. For being so sweet and caring about other people feeling comfortable and included. 5. And for being so fun to be around. 6. Dan would like to add fun and helpful and reliable. Love you more!!

auntie libby said...

"there is no friend like sister". unfortunately because you are the author of this beautiful writing your name wasn't mentioned as one of the great sister yourself! in the words of the wise songwriter cori connors "if it were not for you, i would not be who i am ... sisters!" you are very lucky to have each other and i am lucky to know you all!

Nickposh said...

I love what your wrote about each one of us... and I am so grateful that we have you (a much needed caboose) to make us laugh and to bring us all together. Thank you for sharing your love and talents... and for making me feel cooler than I am! Love you tons!!