Sunday, November 14, 2010

reality check

day 21. a thought you've had this past week.


i feel as if complaining in our day is so common. its so comfortable and easy that you catch yourself whining about the silliest things.  however sometimes you don't even realize you're doing it until you hear someone else and you think to yourself- do i for real sound like that? we are all guilty. however if we all just took a step back and looked at the bigger picture we would be humbled. as i was driving to the mall to find something to wear to a party i was frantically thinking how i had to find something fabulous. on the way i saw a little old lady bundled in her jacket walking down street. once again, reality check. its a party lauren- there is so much bigger things in life. sometimes when i hear people complaining about school or something i want to look at them and say- well at least you're alive, in a warm place and you can see and obviously talk. but then instead i just quietly take it as a reminder for myself to be more grateful for what i do have and focus less on the things that seem so "horrible" that really aren't horrible at all.


I've had these both on my computer for a while and whenever i feel bad for my self i find myself re-reading them. the first time i did, it was like a big slap in the face. talk about a reality check. however i think everyone should read it- whether they like the truth or not. complaining is comfortable- but maybe this will make people feel a little uncomfortable- leading them to want to change how much they complain. because i know it definitely turned my thinking around as well.








4 comments:

Ashley C. said...

great reminder laurie loo.

thanks...

xoxoxo

Nickposh said...

Thanks for posting this one today... I want to be grateful instead of complaining about all of things that are bothering me! YOU are such a great example to me!! Love you... keep blogging!

Adrianne said...

Thanks La! Always a good reminder to be more grateful.

Last Friday I went to the LDS church humanitarian center. I was reminded about how much we have been blessed with and the amazing things that the LDS church does all over the world. You and Zach should go next Monday while you are home. It is amazing.

Courtney said...

Thanks Lauren, I think those are good reminders. It is really easy to get focused on what we want, and what we don't have...so much so that we forget what we have and how blessed we are!! I love you!